Monday, June 11, 2007

I Hope

One of my favorite movies of all time is 'The Shawshank Redemption'. At the end of the movie, when Morgan Freeman's character is sitting on the Trailways Bus heading from Maine to Mexico, he says exactly what I am thinking right now: "I find I'm so excited I can barely sit still, or hold a thought in my head. I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel. A free man at the start of a long journey who's conclusion is uncertain. I hope I can make it across the border. I hope to see my friend, and shake his hand. I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope."

Click for Clip

I hope these little girls love me as much as I love them. I hope I am a good father. I hope they have happy lives. I hope.

(OK, that was a little window into my emotions. Don't get used to it. And don't try to hug me.)