Saturday, July 25, 2009

April - May with the Girlies

April and May were quite enjoyable, probably - the weather was most likely getting nicer and Kim's brother, 'Steve', came to NY with his wife (often referred to as 'Rhonda') and their youngest lad Cameron. Cameron was recently identified by the Federal Bureau of Pizza Enjoyment (your stimulus dollars at work) as the only teenage boy in the western hemisphere who doesn't like pizza. I like pizza, although I don't like a lot of gross junk on there - just some pepperoni, maybe some sausage, and that's really all you need. Kim likes weird stuff on pizza like vegetables and cheeses from other countries.

By the way, we went to Pizzeria Uno the other day - we have lived in this neighborhood for 11 years and had never been there, but it seemed like a good place to go with the girlies and their friend Sophia. I have to tell you - Pizzeria Uno was quite good. I am a big fan of Chicago deep-dish pizza, although our friend Kirsten (who lives in Chicago) prefers Little Caesers or something equally nasty. Anyway, it was good, and very convenient since we have kids and stuff. I got pepperoni, while Kim got some odd pizza with gooseberry, vegemite and beets.

I don't really have anything funny to say about April and May - around this time I started interviewing for the job that I eventually took with the Germans, but other than that I found myself getting especially (I sometimes spell it 'expecially') good at laundry, able to knock out 6 loads in an afternoon, and while my skills at laundry do not include folding or putting away, I am probably the best that I know about when it comes to the laundering process itself.

Also, I probably saw some movies or occupied my time doing something, but I can't remember what that might have been. The girlies were delightful, though, and we had a lot of fun doing whatever we were doing in the afternoons after their naps. I can't remember what was, though, but I am sure it was fun and cute and inspired me to make a promise to myself to remember each and every detail of whatever it was that we did.

I am sure that these were happy days, the salad days as they say, but I can't be certain because I can't really remember.

Anyway, here are photos and videos below. Feel free to enjoy them, but put them back when you are done.

This is what Sally would look like if she were a hippy artist

Sally blowing bubbles

Cameron with his cousins waiting under the Brooklyn Bridge (Brooklyn is the setting for the 1970s comedy program 'Welcome Back Kotter')




Sally blowing bubbles under the Brooklyn Bridge


The girlies with the Hodges family looking across the East River

Cameron with Sally and Amelia's left eyeball on the Brooklyn Bridge, next to some tubby bicyclist who thinks he owns the place - 'Hey, back off fat Pete LeMond - I got toddlers here!'

With the girlies walking across the Brooklyn Bridge

Cameron with Amelia on the Staten Island Ferry

Steve and Rhonda, apparently repelling Sally with their Minnesota charm

Sally, Amelia, and their friend Sophia at the Bristol-Myers Squibb AIDS Walk Event at the Central Park Zoo

DeYan with Sally at the AIDS Walk

DeYan with Amelia and Amelia's radioactive eyeballs (that's the second 'Amelia eyeball' mention, in case you are counting)

Sally loves cake

Amelia going down the big marble slide in Central Park




Mike and Sally going down the slide


Hunting for Easter Eggs and stuff

Amelia with her what appears to be her 'Easter Basket' but might also be the contents of our junk drawer




Sally in her Easter dress