Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Girlies Third Birthday Update


It has been a long time since I updated our goofy family blog, but today is the girlies 3rd birthday and I have finally gotten off my lazy butt and posted some more pictures, video, and hilarious comments (actually, no hilarious comments, because I seem to have forgotten how to be funny). The last year has been amazing – the girlies have grown so much it is almost hard to remember what they were like a year ago, but the good thing is they still think I am funny and they love to giggle, so we are very fortunate.

I was able to spend a lot of time with the girlies the last 7 months, since those weasely Swiss cheese/chocolate/Army knife makers decided that they didn’t need me to report to work every day. At first I was mad at Barney Frank and Chris Dodd for their appalling incompetence in ruining the banking industry and the entire global economy (including Iceland), which of course led to my job situation. However, the upside of having New England states elect idiotic corrupt politicians is that I had the opportunity to watch my girlies get a little bit older every day.

I pushed them around the neighborhood in their tricycles, Amelia taught me the proper way to dance to ‘The Farmer in the Dell’ (what is a ‘derrio’, by the way?), and against Kim’s better judgment I taught them to climb into Amelia’s crib and have amazingly fun jumping contests. When I found out that I had landed a cushy job with the Germans, I was happy that we would no longer have to drink cheap wine (not really) but was sad to think that I wouldn’t be there every day to get them up from their nap or take them to the movie theater to ride the huge escalator.

The last year has been wonderful and Kim and I are the luckiest people in the entire world. Please enjoy the photos and videos that I will be posting over the next few days, and please, PLEASE, stay the hell out of Paraguay.